Reinventing one’s self is something most of us long to do. Whether you’re not happy with your current self, or you feel like you haven’t reached your potential yet, reinventing yourself is entirely possible. Regardless of the current life rut you’re in, there are some proactive steps that you take to turn yourself into the person you’re meant to become. So start reinventing yourself now and become a better ‘you’ by doing the following tricks.
1. Figure Out What You Really Want. “Who do I want to become?” is the real question you should ask when you decide to change yourself. Do you want to reinvent your looks? Your personality? Or do you simply want to excel at work? Figure out what you really want to change in yourself, then create an action plan for that change. Think of the positive steps that you can do to achieve the life changes that you desire.
2. Change Your Wardrobe. Sometimes, switching up your look is all that you need to get the confidence boost that you need. A pair of hipster shorts, new blouses and trying out different lipstick shades can already make a lot of difference on your appearance and self-esteem.
3. Interact with the People You Want to Emulate. A good trick to successfully reinvent yourself is to associate yourself with the people you’re planning to emulate. Step out of your comfort zone, and learn to interact and build connections with new people. If your friend introduces you to their contacts, try exchanging information with them. This might also be the right time to do a negative friend cleanse. Doing so will help you reassess your connections with people, and develop an ever-evolving and healthier friend group.
4. Change Your Lifestyle. The best way to completely reinvent yourself is to change your views in life along with your lifestyle. You can change your eating habits by going vegan, or perhaps you can go and become a yogi or a CrossFit fanatic. Some even do more dramatic changes like changing their spiritual or religious practises just to reinvent themselves.
5. Live in a Place Where Nobody Knows You. Moving to a new city is one of the most quintessential way to reinvent yourself. With a fresh start, different people and new job, you’ll be able to find out who you really are and who you really want to become.
Life is an evolving process, so don’t be afraid to change things that are within your control. By doing this, you’ll be able to harness control of the person that you dream of becoming one day.